Wondering what’s really going on with Instagram right now? Every year, the Iconosquare team likes to examine the current state of the platform and pick out some key stats and interesting Instagram facts to help social media marketers like you. There’s a lot of speculation when it comes to Instagram KPIs and best practices, so hopefully this helps to sort the facts from the noise. And, because numbers speak louder than words, let’s get started!
11 Instagram Facts Every Marketer Must Know
Instagram Users & Behaviour
1. There are currently 800 million users on Instagram, and almost 80% of Instagram accounts are personal. However, the number of Business Accounts are rapidly increasing
2. The largest segment of Instagram users are aged between 18 – 24. The split between male and female users is pretty equal, with female users forming a slight majority
3. 51% of Instagram users access the platform at least once per day
4. Over 300 million people use Instagram Stories every day, with a third of the most viewed Stories coming from businesses
Over 300 million people use Instagram Stories every day, with a third of the most viewed Stories coming from businesses Click To Tweet5. Over 80% of accounts on Instagram follow a business, but two-thirds of profile visits to businesses come from people who aren’t following that business
6. The ad industry is BOOMING on Instagram. There are over 2 million monthly advertisers on the platform and the number continues to grow
7. A typical Instagram user has 648 followers and is following 359 accounts
8. Photos still have a higher engagement rate than videos (58% higher, in fact) when it comes to content in the feed
9. The most used filter on Instagram? It’s actually ‘normal’ – in other words, no filter, which is used almost 90% of the time. The majority of Instagrammers edit their photos before uploading them to the platform
10. The most popular day of the week to post is Monday between 4-5pm, but despite what you might have heard, there is no one-size-fits-all when it comes to the best time to post
11. The 3 most used hashtags on Instagram in 2017 were #fashion, #love and #instagood
For more insights into the state of Instagram Marketing in 2018, check out the Instagram Marketing 2018 Trends & Benchmarks Report!